Thursday, January 18, 2007

Prognosis: Better Than I Expected

Well, we finally have a diagnosis and prognosis for my dad. He does have large cell non hodgkins lymphoma. It has spread throughout his body and into his spleen. The good news is that they are starting chemo treatments next week. They say with the first treatment sometimes it can shrink enough to relieve the pain, which would be wonderful for him. He will have one day of chemo each month for 6 months. He has about a 50% chance of making it through this and living for 5+ years. This prognosis has given him hope again, which is vitally important. We also don't feel quite so frantic with how long he will be here. The likelihood is that if the chemo doesn't put him in remission that he at least has a year if not longer. This is a relief as we were thinking it could have been months. I appreciate your prayers. It will be a long road ahead of us, but the road is looking better than what we thought it could have been.

Thanks again for your kind words and prayers. Maybe now I can get back to blogging normal things!

1 comment:

The Mac Fam said...

I am so sorry you are going through this Deeanne, you know my mom had lymphoma. Despite everything God is so good, always remember that. I will be praying for your continued strength as you walk this road. If you ever need to talk, I am here for you. Be blessed.