Monday, May 14, 2007

Mother's Day

Happy Mother's Day to all the moms!

I had a great day today with the boys and Matt. They brought me a breakfast of waffles, strawberries and orange juice into bed! They were more excited than I was, I think. They got me the pedicure I had asked for, as well as new measuring spoons and cups. I know, not very exciting, but it was exactly what I was wanting. We went to church where I won the drawing for the free professional house cleaning!! WOW!! What a day! Then we went and had a BBQ at my mom's house. All in all, a nice and uneventful day, which is just how I like it. Both boys made me cards at school, which is so much nicer than a $4 Hallmark card. I like Hallmark, don't get me wrong, but with the ages the boys are, the handprint card from Tyler and the puppy pop-up card Jake drew were much more special and meaningful.

We came home. Matt took Jake out on his first run. And Tyler proceeded to demolish a small matchbox truck he found in the yard with a HUGE rock. It was one of the funniest things I have seen in a while. He worked and worked on smashing this truck. It entertained him for at least 20 minutes. Then he came in, with a HUGE smile on his face, and showed off all of the smashed parts and proclaimed with such pride that he had used a big rock to do the deed. A moment I will remember forever.

The night ended with the movie "Because I Said So" with Diane Keaton and Mandy Moore. I found it a funny movie. No award winner, but I don't think they all need to be. Honey, you did a good job this year!! Thanks!!

And thank you to all of the moms out there, who brought us all into the world, and swore up and down they would take us out!!

No comments: