Thursday, February 01, 2007

My son the future politician!

I officially have a child who is in politics. Jake was chosen to be his class rep for the student council. We are so excited for him, and he is thrilled. His teacher thinks very highly of him, and thought he would be the perfect choice. He was so adorable when we were discussing the commitment, which is twice a month 7:30am meeting on Mondays. He looked at me and said, "I'll just have to set my alarm for a 1/2 hour earlier and get my things ready the night before." Smart thinking! He has great ideas, and I am sure he will be very valuable to the student council. I think this also will show him some responsibility in something other than cleaning his room!

I have also decided that I now feel old! I have a son on student council! AHH!

Anyway, I needed to brag about my oldest. I am so proud of him. I am hoping this will be a great opportunity for him to experience leadership firsthand. It is interesting how some people, when given the opportunity, make great leaders. But without that opportunity might never have known they were a leader.

Good job Jake!!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Not surprised, with a dad like Matt.

Deann, it was so good to see your hubby, but it made us wish ever more to see you and the boys.

When Jake gets old enough to run for President, I'll vote for him!

Deann said...

Next time I will definitely be there. Hearing all about his trip and visit with everyone made me miss being there too. And it made me miss talking to everyone as well.

So next time I will be there. But you could come here for a visit. There is a lot to do here and we would make it fun! :)