Monday, February 05, 2007

Football is over!

Have I ever told you that I am a football addict? I love football!! I truly love most sports, but football is my passion, when it comes to sports. I love college football...every Saturday from Labor Day thru the beginning of January is booked for me. I love it so much that Matt actually will leave me watching football and go to the garage because he is sick of it. :) I don't know exactly what it is, but it just gets my blood pumping! Now that we live in an area where there is a pro team nearby, I have really gotten into the NFL. I play on a fantasy football league, and usually do better than most of the guys on the team!

Naturally, we watched the Superbowl last night. It is the first time in a while where I was excited for the big game, and actually liked both teams. However, I really am a fan of Peyton Manning and Tony Dungee. I was very happy that the Colts won, and was more proud this morning when I watched an interview on tv with Tony Dungee. He was asked about being the first black coach to win, and about his coaching style. For those of you who don't know about him, he is known for having a gentle coaching style, and does not yell or use scare tactics. He basically said that he hopes he has proven to people that you can be a great coach with a gentle style. And he hopes he has shown the attitude of Christ in his coaching. His team prays after each game, and last night was no exception. He gave all of the honor and glory to God. His players respect him. Is this not a man to follow? So while I am happy for the Colts, it also makes me sad that I now have to wait until August for football again...

Note of interest: 2 former Iowa Hawkeye players played for the Colts last night! Dallas Clark and Bob Sanders!! And both played well!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I never knew you were such a fan!
-noelle