I know, I know...I have left you all high and dry for quite some time. I do have a good reason, which I will share with you in my list of life's events as of late:
1) Dream # 1 came true for me when I had Lasek surgery done last week. I have wanted to do this for so long, and finally found a good doctor at a reasonable price and my hubby said to go for it. I had to have the more intense surgery b/c my corneas were too thin for the simple lasik, but this is the better surgery in the long run. After a few days of discomfort, and a few more days of discomfort I am now feeling much better. Not 100% vision yet, but that could take another week or so before I am at 20/20. That is precisely why I have not blogged. I am still seeing the computer screen a little blurry now, imagine last week!
2) As I type this my second dream is coming true. There are delivery guys here delivering our new KING SIZE sleep comfort bed!!! I am so excited!! After 12+ years of not sleeping very well, with a husband who tosses and turns A LOT, in a queen size bed, we have taken the plunge into the bigger bed! We both think we might sleep until noon tomorrow!! Oh wait- we have kids!!
3) Jake started karate. After night one he wanted to quit. After night two he decided he loved it. He is also learning self control. He is learning, by watching other kids, that he cannot talk whenever he wants to (which is a lot!).
4) My hubby is headed to Texas on Tuesday for a business trip. He then heads to Iowa to have a weekend of golf and football with his dad. I am excited for him to have this time. He hasn't had time to do anything like this in a long time. Not to mention I am jealous he gets to go to a college football game! (that's another post for another day)
5) While Matt is gone his mom, Margie, is coming to stay with me and the boys. I am so excited for her to come here. She hasn't seen the new house yet, and my house always looks much better after she leaves, b/c she has always helped me get my house decorated. So I am looking forward to a week of fabric, decrations and guaranteed laughs!
6) We had our first non-family party here on Labor Day. It was a good time. We learned when you have 16 adults not to include children! ( Have I mentioned we are DONE having kids?)
7) We start our life group for church this Sunday. We are going to start with s study called "Speak Wisely". It should be good. I am not nervous, but anxious a little...will anyone come, will it go as we want it to, will we have a good group of people...I'll let you know Monday!
That's my life as of late. Have a great weekend everyone!!