Thursday, September 21, 2006

Colorado Happiness


I do not know where all of you live....I know where some of my readers live...which means I do not know the forecast for your area over the next few days. Here in Colorado it is amazing. The temps at night have been dipping low enough for jackets and closed windows. It really feels like fall. Yesterday the forecast for the mountains was SNOW!! In fact, they recommend being cautious should you choose to drive into the mountains this weekend. So this morning we wake up to find the most amazing view from the front of our house. SNOW! It did not snow in the Springs, which means we could see the amazing sight but we didn't have to feel it nor scoop the drive way, but the mountains were covered in snow and it was breath taking.

I am finding myself so happy in my life. This does not mean everything goes perfect every day, but it does mean I love my life. And while I believe being happy about life is a choice, I do believe in things, places and people making it easier to be happy. I love it here in Colorado. I love the weather, the casualness (is that a word- Noelle or Betsy?), the people, the things to do, the overall lifestyle...I feel like this for the first time in a long time. Sure, I miss seeing some friends from the various places we have lived, but I would not trade this for the world. And while I am so glad I am closer to family, that is not the only thing I love about being here. I feel thrilled to live in this beautiful state. I am thrilled my husband has a good job that gives him plenty of vacation and has more "normal" hours, which in turn means we have more family time. I am beyond thrilled that we have found an amazing church and are meeting wonderful people!!! I am thrilled that in the winter we can drive for just about 2 hours or so and go skiing with our boys for just a day or two and it is not a major vacation. I am so glad that our whole family loves to go hiking and enjoys being outdoors. The list goes on...

So what is stopping you? Why don't you come for a visit?

No comments: