Friday, December 22, 2006

Snowed in and loving it!

As you all have heard, we got an early Christmas present here in Colorado! SNOW!! And lots of it! The whole town, including Denver and the surrounding airports, have been closed for 2 days. No mail, no UPS, no shopping...but I have loved it. Today things reopen, and we will begin to thaw out a little as the sun is out. It isn't supposed to be warm, but the sun will melt things a little. In our back yard we have over 36 inches!! It is amazing.

It was fascinating to watch, as the snow didn't quit for over 24 hours. Then you add in the wind speeds, which sustained 30+ mph, with gusts from 50-70 mph. I truly don't mind being snowed in for a day or two! We took advantage of being home and wrapped all of the presents, watched a Christmas movie with the boys, and just hung out. I realized this morning that I am pretty calm and relaxed going into the holidays, after having 2 days off to hang out and get things done around here. I will head out today to finish up a few small things, but nothing big. My shopping was done a while ago, with Matt and I finishing up on Monday.

I realize the snow has screwed up a lot of families' Christmas's. Some won't make it home in time, as United Airlines alone canceled over 2000 flights. I realize that some won't receive their packages in time, even the ones who paid extra to have it expedited. But for me, the snow was a gift for Christmas. Nothing puts me more in the mood for Christmas than snow. It pulls it all together.

If I don't make it back to my blog before Christmas, Merry Christmas everyone. Have a blessed holiday season. My Christmas letters are on their way, but who knows when you will get them, in light of the mess here with USPS. Enjoy your family and friends as you celebrate. We are so looking forward to being with family and having a nice relaxing day. And as over used as the saying is, it still is true: always remember the reason for the season! Jesus Christ!

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Yeah, I had to give a couple IOU's for Christmas this year, but we still had a great time!